Ask the expert!
All of your frequently asked questions are answered by Myo Centre’s very own CEO!
Do you offer direct billing?
Yes we do. Myo Centre Inc is proud to offer direct billing for most providers.
- Great West Life
- Sun Life
- Industrial Alliance
- Chamber of Commerce
- Maximum Benefit
- First Canadian
- Johnson Inc.
- Alberta Benefits (Canadian Benefits)
- Motor Vehicle Accident claims
- Alberta Blue Cross
- Medavie Blue Cross (DVA, RCMP, CAF)
- Co Operators
- Equitable Life
- Pro Benefits
- First Canadian
- Group Health
- And more…
*If your insurance policy requires a doctors note, please bring your note with you.
What are your hours of operation?
We are open from 8am – 9pm – 7 days a week.
*Please note hours may vary with therapists schedules
Do you have a cancellation policy?
Yes, we ask that all appointments are cancelled no less than 24 HOURS before your scheduled time. Additional charges may apply in the event of a “last minute” cancellation.
What is TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine)?
TCM is a medical system that has been used for thousands of years to prevent, diagnose, and treat disease. It is based on the belief that qi (the body’s vital energy) flows along meridians (channels) in the body and keeps a person’s spiritual, emotional, mental, and physical health in balance. Traditional Chinese medicine aims to restore the body’s balance and harmony between the natural opposing forces of yin and yang, which can block qi and cause disease. Traditional Chinese medicine includes acupuncture, diet, herbal therapy, meditation, physical exercise, and massage. Also called Oriental medicine and TCM.
Why Myo Centre Inc?
- We exceed the standard of education Insurance Companies require for massage therapy and acupuncture
- We pride ourselves on professionalism, proficiency and compassion
- We Adhere to a strict code of ethics
- We offer therapeutic massage as well as relaxation massage
- We offer deep tissue hot stone massage in the hands of highly skilled therapists
- We excel in sports massage, pregnancy massage, infant massage, manual lymph drainage, TMJ
- We employ only registered massage therapists and registered TCM acupuncturists
- We are open 7 days a week including evenings *some restrictions apply*
- We direct bill whenever possible
- We offer treatment for the entire family
- We offer motor vehicle accident assessments, treatment and rehabilitation
- We have been serving the community of Edmonton since 1995
- We offer FREE Parking!
What additional services do you offer?
We have many. Here is a sample of our additional offerings:
- CRANIO SACRAL
- HOT STONE
- INFANT MASSAGE
- REIKI (COMING SOON)
Do you have gift certificates available?
Yes we do! Gift certificates are available at the clinic during regular reception business hours or simply fill out the contact form below to inquire about how we can send you an Electronic Gift Certificate directly to your inbox.
What is Myo Centre doing to help stop the spread of COVID-19?
Myo Centre Inc. has always taken proper protocols to keep our Clinic clean and sanitized, that is common practice at Myo. However, during this unprecedented time, your Health and the Health of our staff is of upmost importance to us. So rest assured that we are taking extra care. Here are the things Myo Centre is doing to help stop the spread of COVID-19 and what will be expected at your next and future appointments:
- We recommend that you bring a mask
- Wait in your vehicle until 5 minutes before your appointment
- Remove shoes and immediately wash hands upon entering the clinic
- Go directly into the treatment room
- You must sign a screening assessment provided each time you visit
- Sanitize at front desk upon exiting the treatment room
- No cash accepted. Use credit, debit or insurance
- Social distancing is required outside of the treatment room
- We have blocked off 30 mins after each appointment to sanitize the room
Thank you all for your patience and understanding! We hope to see you soon!